Thursday, July 10, 2014

Free Lunch, Meeting the Fam, and Sad Goodbyes

This week was crazy!!!!! It started  out with the fourth of July last week which was so much fun, but so weird! I'm used to BBQ's, parades and fireworks, but instead we got classes, church movies and at least we got to watch the fireworks from the stadium!

Sunday, we had to say goodbye to the District that left right before us. We're leaving (except for my companion who stays another week for visitors center training) on MONDAY!!! We leave for the airport at 3:30 in the morning! We'll have a short layover in Detroit and then on to Toronto!!! I'm so excited/nervous/pumped/going insane for this moment! It's going to be fantastic though, and I can't wait!

This week we also already said goodbye to one of our teachers, Hermano Toone. He's the most amazing teacher I think I've ever had. We had to say goodbye to the investigator he played too, and I just have to say we were all in tears. Hermano Toone only made it worse when he said that it's going to be 100 times harder in the field. And then we all cried more. So that's fun, right? In all seriousness though, we learned how to love and how to serve from Hermano Toone, and I'm grateful we got to have him. He told us that since he's the boss, he hardly ever teaches classes, maybe once a year, and we got to be that class. It's not a coincidence that we're all where we're at! God put you where you are for a reason!!!!

What else happened... I don't know! Oh! We got to be hosts again yesterday for the new missionaries. It was SO HOT! So of course we stopped by the mailroom for a break. Gotta love having friends in the mailroom.

Today was a crazy day too. We started out as normal, laundry, breakfast get ready, but then there was a knock on the door and I opened it to one of the security guards who says, "is Hermana Lamb here?" Long story short, we had to go talk to President Nally, the MTC president and he told us Hermana Lamb got to talk to her mom for some stuff. I was only slightly jealous.

We ate lunch at Burger Supreme today, and it was crazy! Other missionaries have told us that people have bought their food, but we've never seen it, but some random guy came up to us today and asked if he could buy for us, and it was so nice! I'd feel worse about it, but I know the Lord is blessing him for it! But I know the Lord blesses his servants for sure, because today was the day I forgot to bring my wallet, so it was definitely a blessing! I love being a missionary!

Well, I love you all! The next time I talk to you guys, I'll be in the great ol Canada!!! Keep serving God, and become more worthy to be his servant! Galations 1:10!!!

1: Fourth of July Balloons!
2: The Hermanas in my District and our teacher, Hermana Gibson
3: Whiteboard doodles
4: My district and Hermano Toone






Love,
Hermana Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment